Saturday, December 1, 2007

the baby debate

We have talked about it for years. Years. In fact it was one of the initial debates before we married. Black babies or white babies? As politically incorrect as that sounds - that was the official name of the debate, and has been referred to as such many times since then. Though doctors had told me for years that I wouldn't be able to bear children, I wasn't that fazed. I have always wanted to adopt. My would -be husband, understood the diagnosis but still wanted to try for our own. We felt content with the compromise. We would have any and all color children that we could. Whatever God was willing to send our way. Well, I ended up being ridiculously fertile, and two shocking pregnancies later we are just now getting to the non-white baby part of the deal. I love my white babies, but I cannot lie, there is something in my heart that will never be at peace until we get to experience the heart of God through adoption.

No comments: