Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday baby, maybe.

Lately I have been working through the fact that our child will probably be around two years old by the time we meet him. Oliver, my youngest is turning two next week. I look at him and he seems so old to me. He loves to say his name and tell me who loves him. This next child will already have a name, and may know someone who loves him - but doesn't know any of the many people that are about to love him. It also feels eerie to me that along with him be about two at our arrival into his life, this process is said to take about two years. Therefore I wake up each morning thinking - is today the day? Is this your birthday? Or perhaps you will be born tomorrow. I won't know for a long time, but Happy Birthday baby. Any day now, happy birthday.

No comments: