Thursday, August 21, 2008

one day down

Today was sweet Eva-bear's first day of school. She was pretty sad when it was time for Sean, Oliver & I to say good-bye. She was mostly just deeply offended that she had been seated between two boys. Come pick-up time she was smiling and laughing. All in all, she took it like a champ. I, on the other hand, did not. My heart feels smooshed and crushed and bashed and bruised and pummeled and purpled and utterly ruined. I understand at a cognitive level that parenting is all about letting go, from the moment they leave the womb, we begin that forever journey of letting go. And yet, in just one day in the midst of a million days of letting go, this day feels particularly harsh.

Can you tell that she's my oldest?

1 comment:

Melissa Ens said...

Awww, I feel your pain, sister! I'd tell you all about how I can relate, but I need to go get my little guy down for a nap. : ) I hope you're getting settled into the new routine! When my dd started K 2 years ago it took me quite a long time to adjust to the new normal. Hope you're all well and getting used to it! And congrats to the big Kindergartner!